New swimmers interested in joining the summer swim team program need to attend tryouts on April 18 in Bridgewater.
Returning members or SVY winter team members:
To Register for the Somerset Valley YMCA Short Course Swim Team Programs (Hurricanes and Blue Dolphins):
- Determine which team you should register: Last year members can check here but;
Bridgewater Residents should register for the Blue Dolphins.
Hillsborough residents should register for the Hurricanes.
The Y reserves the right to move people between teams.
Both the Blue Dolphins and Hurricanes will compete in the A league. If registration permits, the Hurricanes will also have a team in the C league.
- Print and fill out the 2010 registration form. (pdf)
Group 1: 8 & under and new 9 yr old swimmers
Group 2: 9-12 and new 13 yr old swimmers
Group 3: 13 & over swimmers
- Current SVY members may register online or by mail for the short course swim team. Please read all instructions before sending the registration forms. Regardless how you register, a signed registration form must be sent to the Y. Registration closes on April 10th. Returning swimmers will not be gaurenteed a spot on the team after this date.
Please mail to:
Bridgewater Family YMCA
601 Garretson Rd.
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
- If your membership is expired, you must renew your membership to register for the team. Please stop by one of the member service desks to renew. Then you may drop off your registration form with a check or credit card information. (We will process the team registration as a mail in registration. Please be aware the desk is not allowed to input the team registration while you wait. Please also include the meet fee check. See 5)
- When you mail the registration form, please include a seperate check made out to SVY for your meet fee account. The meet fees amount is $100 for the family. This fee cannot be paid online. Please write 'Meet Fees' and the swimmers last name in the memo section
- Questions? Please contact the Bridgewater Family YMCA at 908-526-0688
Unfortunately we cannot process registrations or memberships over the phone.